[Assist] wireless card not connected during installation

Andrew Spano werdnaonaps at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 23:16:48 GMT 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to make the switch to parabola from ubuntu but I'm running into
trouble at the beginning of installation.  For some reason parabola is not
detecting my wireless hardware.  When I run iwconfig, it does not report
the existence of any wireless device on my laptop.

Is this because there isn't any free software available for my wireless
card?  I find this difficult to believe because I'm almost certain that it
was running fine using a free driver on ubuntu.

When I plug in a separate usb wireless card I am prompted with this error
"1-1: Missing Free firmware"
"usb 1-1 ath9k_htc: Async request for firmware /*(DEBLOBBED)*/ failed.

I had both of these devices working fine using free drivers on other
devices.  I know at the very least that I did not personally install any
proprietary drivers and they appeared to be using atheros drivers.

My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad T530.

I'd like to know what's going wrong, and how to fix it if possible.
Any help is sincerely appreciated in advance.

Thanks,

Andrew