[Mipsel] [mipsel] compilation flags for loongson

Bryan Baldwin bryan at katofiad.co.nz
Wed Sep 26 02:03:38 GMT 2012

On 09/26/2012 10:25 AM, Bertrand Garrigues wrote:
> I was wondering which compilation flags are used to build the Parabola
> distribution for the mips64 architecture. It seems that only the
> kernel is a mips-64 bit binary, all the progams or libs of the
> distribution are 32 bits.
>
> I heard that there was a gcc with special optimization flags for the
> yeelong, taking full advantage of the mips architecture, but it seems
> it is not available on the mainstream, so I guess it is not stable yet.
>
> Could someone explain what is currently the recommended method to
> compile with the loongson ?

Hi Bertrand,

I've been working on a custom pure64 MIPS build system to make a
functioning cross-compiler for the loongson2f. But ABI for MIPS is
different to the hard distinction between 64bit and 32bit that we've
come to expect from the x86 architecture.

This document shows some helpful clues about flags used with the loongson2f:

http://code.google.com/p/clfs/wiki/loongson2f

I still have problems with my cross compiler, in that, once start
building on the native machine the toolchain is very confused about
which /lib{,32,64} path it needs to link dynamic libraries. Most of this
is due to shortcomings and neglect for the MIPS architecture in glibc.