[Mipsel] xorg KO after update

Michał Masłowski mtjm at mtjm.eu
Sun Mar 18 20:03:09 GMT 2012

> I'm currently running lxde with satisfactory results, although I
> have problem with iceweasel but that's not the subject of the post.

Everyone has problems with IceWeasel 10 on mips64el, we use 9.

> Yesterday I upgraded my system and this broke X. I got this message in
> the log:
>
> [   139.736] (EE) module ABI major version (11) doesn't match the
> server's version (12)

Unless you consider it a private information, please post the whole log
(/var/log/Xorg.0.log) and your /etc/X11/xorg.conf and all files in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d.  There are many modules which could be affected,
the whole log would show which one.  There might be also other problems.

> Did anyone encountered the same problem? Should I log a bug?

One user, he haven't published his logs.

I use xorg-server 1.12, it works without any problems other than slow
window drawing (I haven't measured if this worsened since the previous
version).