[Dev] libreboot-utils, moving forward.

bill-auger bill-auger at peers.community
Sun Mar 5 14:33:14 GMT 2023

On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 21:15:54 +0200 Wael wrote:
> Why not do a sparse checkout of libreboot's git and make the package that way?
>
> I do realize that this totally skirts the issues with the ROMs, but this way we
> can stick to a smaller and more specific scope.

i though 'libreboot-utils' already is that smaller and more
specific scope - the files in the package would not be
different, right?

it does not skirt the issue of ROMs; because parabola never
packaged the ROMs - if there is something in the upstream source
code that is not FSDG-fit, that is what mksource is for -
all that a sparse checkout would accomplish, is that the
mksource() function would not be needed - however, i dont
believe that a PKGBUILD can do a sparse checkout anyways