[Dev] [PACKAGING_REQUEST][PKGBUILD] Packaging Anope to provide IRC services

Wael Karram wael at waelk.tech
Tue Jan 3 10:44:53 GMT 2023

Hello,
Currently Parabola (indirectly) packages/carries at least three different IRC
daemons/servers, yet not a single IRC services program.

Other than the original IRC services authored by Andrew Church (which has long
been unmaintained), there are Atheme and Anope.
I initially wanted to try to package Atheme, but the licensing there was
unclear.
Anope seems to have clearer GPL-2.0 only licensing:
https://github.com/anope/anope/blob/master/docs/COPYING
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/anope/anope/master/docs/COPYING

I've attached a patch based upon the version in the AUR, with license
clarification and added target for armv7h.
I hope it can be packaged as no other alternatives currently exists in the repos
which would push people to manually download and install or potentially use some
non-free alternative.

--
Kind Regards,
Wael Karram.