[Dev] repod: A new Arch Linux project for repo management

Brett Cornwall ainola at archlinux.org
Thu Jun 23 00:23:33 GMT 2022

(Apologies for the cold email; I couldn't find any mailing lists on the
Hyperbola site).

I'm pleased to announce a new Arch Linux project named “repod”. This
project [1] contains tooling to maintain binary package repositories for
Linux distributions using the Pacman package manager. Repod aims to
reduce the current complexity/pain-points of Arch repository management
while supporting robust/convenient management tooling.

Repod is still in pre-release state and as such has not yet reached its
minimum feature set. However, we'd love your involvement; We hope to
benefit all distributions using Pacman, not only Arch Linux.

Existing documentation and functionality may be viewed at readthedocs
[2]. A number of tickets feature tags of "good first issue" [3] to
ease the nascent contributor into the project.

If you're interested, Join the arch-projects at lists.archlinux.org list
[4] for announcements, meeting minutes, and development discussion. Or
stop by #archlinux-projects on Libera IRC. We'd love to see you there!

[1] https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/repod
[2] https://repod.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
[3] https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/repod/-/issues/?label_name%5B%5D=good%20first%20issue
[4] https://lists.archlinux.org/mailman3/lists/arch-projects@lists.archlinux.org/