[Dev] Porting Lemote Yeeloong

Andreas Grapentin andreas at grapentin.org
Fri Oct 15 19:39:24 GMT 2021

Based on my previous experience with OpenPower and Risc-V Ports, the
major obstacle to making parabola available on currently unsupported
hardware is keeping packages up to date without excessive manual effort.

The second obstacle is obtaining sufficient hardware to feed the build
queues. Although I guess you could work around this by using enough
emulated build VMs on the more readily available x86 machines out there.

I'm afraid I can't answer your primary question though, whether people
still use mips64el hardware today. But if you're interested in talking
through the finer points of packaging and porting, I'd be happy to chat
on IRC :)

Best,
Andreas