[Dev] Looking for help to officially support the lime2 (and the lime2-emmc)

Sagar Acharya sagaracharya at tutanota.com
Mon Nov 1 05:48:09 GMT 2021

Thank you Denis.

The issue is something like this. I can't get to work the standard parabola installation on lime2.

There are 2 things to be done:
- u-boot needs to be made for 3 different boards. (Initial fix)
- Fix code in linux dtb to support all 3 boards.

Initially, I'm trying to get standard parabola install with u-boot configs in link below
https://linux-sunxi.org/Olimex_A20-OLinuXino-Lime2 . I have a recent lime2 which works with such a method and I hope the other 2 lime2s would. I'll update parabola wiki as soon as I get them working.

The latter is preferred. The issue I find in latter is configuration files are 9000 lines long. I have criticized linux for this gigantic unmanageable code. I did build kernel about 5 times but I'm not sure whether I get it right?!

Under arch/arm/boot/dts/sun7i-a20-olinuxino-lime2.dts block named &gmac, one of the solutions proposed is
changing phy-mode from rgmii to rgmii-id . I have built kernel with both configs and tried different u-boot installs. So far, I haven't got them to work.

I tried installing standard olimex images available on olimex site and booting on all 3 boards and I faced some issues. Hardware wasn't consistent in bootups. Sometimes, it would boot and sometimes it wouldn't. I was concerned with that. If the hardware is damaged which I would like to know how to detect, I don't wanna dwell on unsolvable problem.

Thanking you
Sagar Acharya

P.S. Any help is appreciated, especially from members who've works on linux dtb and u-boot. I definitely need help understanding the billion keywords in dts and u-boot and how they affect the logic.

Nov 1, 2021, 8:42 AM by GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org: