[Dev] [RFC] Let's solve the Chromium freedom issues, definitively

bill-auger bill-auger at peers.community
Sat May 30 03:03:46 GMT 2020

On Fri, 29 May 2020 22:06:46 -0400 Megver83 wrote:
> I've encountered myself webpages that refuse
> to work with anything that isn't Chrome

i would not consider that to be our problem - that is a problem
for those websites to address - if they do not want firefox
users to use their website, then firefox users should not use
their website - problem solved :)

On Fri, 29 May 2020 22:06:46 -0400 Megver83 wrote:
> Plus, that would help
> PureOS too, and they could help us.
> Parabola (if they want to join)

why do you presume that? - pureos already has chromium and
webengine in their repos - so liberating these programs would
not help puroes - and it is hard to imagine people wanting to
spend time on such a massive effort, which they do not believe
is solving any problem at all

i think you would first need to convince them, that it is a good
idea to help the FSDG work-group reach a satisfying formal
recommendation - that would go a long way toward restoring the
credibility of the work-group - i sincerely wish that you could
- i would like to see that problem resolved much much more than
i care about chromium or webengine

https://mirror.linux.pizza/pureos/pool/main/c/chromium/
https://mirror.linux.pizza/pureos/pool/main/q/qtwebengine-opensource-src/