[Dev] do we need the [kernels], [cross], and [unmaintained] repos anymore?

bill-auger bill-auger at peers.community
Sun May 24 23:16:50 GMT 2020

On Sun, 24 May 2020 23:30:36 +0200 Denis wrote:
>   - It enables me to use Parabola i686 daily, which makes me
> find and fix several issues affecting i686 that don't affect
> x86_64. If I had to use a 32bit kernel, I wouldn't have the
> ability to create 64bit chroots, which I really need.

thats a real good idea - im glad someone does that - until about
a year ago, i was using an i686/openrc system primarily, for that
same reason, to try catching bugs before users report them - but
it had that limitation of having to reboot to a x86_64 system in
order to run libremakepkg - i was planning to install a fresh
"every-day" system on a new disk soon - if that trick works with
libremakepkg, i will make it an i686/openrc system again