[Dev] do we need the [kernels], [cross], and [unmaintained] repos anymore?

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org
Sun May 24 21:37:44 GMT 2020

On Sat, 23 May 2020 13:50:45 -0400
bill-auger <bill-auger at peers.community> wrote:

> maybe we could put things like that in [unmaintained] - maybe
> even change its name to [~/unmaintained] so that the repo-linter
> would ignore them as "experimantal"
To me it seems that both have the same usage: If you work on some
PKGBUILD that is not finished, or that no-one has the time or will
to care anymore for a given PKGBUILD, when someone else needs that
software, it would not be very efficient to have that person restart all
the work from scratch, if most of it has already been done.

So it would be a good idea to have a directory for that, but I don't
have a good idea for a name that would cover both unmaintained and
work in progress PKGBUILDs.

Denis.