[Dev] new plan for managing 'icu' and 'poppler' dependent packages

Megver83 megver83 at hyperbola.info
Wed May 6 03:03:48 GMT 2020

whenever icu upgrades, and iceweasel and friends break because of the
need of the previous version (and even some Arch pkgs, which don't
specify a version, just break), I install it from the AUR (e.g. the last
time I installed icu65, added icu=65 in "provides", and everything went
flawless)

idk if instead of making an icu-parabola pkg we better make a icuXX
(with "XX" being the previous version) for each needed version, although
I assume you want to do sth. similar with icu-parabola