[Dev] A10 OLinuxino Lime not booting, LXDE switch, openrc

Josh Branning lovell.joshyyy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 15:07:39 GMT 2020

Hi,

I have an A10 OLinuxino Lime, and it doesn't boot with parabola. I think
the issue is the [generic] arm kernel, as it hangs after u-boot stage.

I successfully compiled a different GNU/Linux OS for this device, it's
also worth noting that alarm also works for this device.

It's probably not just an issue with the kernel, I see part of the
problem may be that HDMI isn't set up in the script.bin.

Regarding LXDE, I prefer GTK over QT. I am in the process of moving my
machines to something custom [xfce4-panel, openbox, xdm, xfce4-terminal,
spacefm] xfce has made the move to GTK3 which is the way forward IMO. I
use this because I'd rather a system based on C than C++.

Thanks for the work on openrc, this is much appreciated, and again,
preferred imo too.

I do not check my emails very often, so probably won't be able to read
all your lovely replies, but again, thanks so much for the work you all
are putting into this, it's much appreciated,

Josh