[Dev] Which packages go in which repositories?

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org
Thu Apr 16 02:17:48 GMT 2020

Hi,

I want to build a Xonotic package for Parabola ARM, that I then upload
using librerelease, in order to make it available to everyone.

So I was suggested by Bill Auger to either convince archlinuxarm to
built it for me, or to add the Xonotic PKGBUILD in pcr.

As before the discussion I thought that the PCR repository was meant
for PKGBUILDs that would be imported from AUR and potentially modified,
and not for packages that don't fit in all other repositories, it
triggered a discussion on which packages should go where.

I was asked to start a thread about that on the mailing list.

According to Bill Auger, there is also different understanding of what
should go in libre.

Denis.