[Dev] providing libre sources without breaking the server (maybe)

Freemor freemor at freemor.ca
Wed Nov 27 16:39:00 GMT 2019

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 12:27:46PM -0400, Freemor wrote:
> Option 2 would save build time. Provide cleaned sources and dodge the question
> of distributing the liberation PKGBUILDs as part of the source.
>
> Nothing would be hidden. PKGBUILDs would live in abslibre as they do now but
> there'd be a directory of clean source tarballs on the server. Beefcake could
> probably do the Makepkg -o 'ing and rolling and then rsync the sources
> into place. Probably signing then with an autobuilder type key.

Just realized that option 2 has the problem of not including any of the special
instructions in Build() so there would need to be some way to include that
info. Question is how to do that without making life overly complicated. (a.k.a
convoluted PKGBUILDs that try to do both. Perhaps the automation could export
build() to a parabola_Install.txt

Hmmm...

(and apologies to posting to my own post)

Ps I'll see if I can hack up a sensible clean source roller over the next
couple of days.