[Dev] Parabola lxc image

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org
Thu Nov 21 13:04:49 GMT 2019

On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 01:41:22 +0100
Bruno Cichon <ebrasca at librepanther.com> wrote:

> I have run Parabola directly on TalosII some time ago.
Is there a very high level installation procedure?

Something like that would be enough for many advanced users:
- ssh into the bmc (with a pointer to a wiki page explaining how to set
  that up)
- get the serial console (there is a script for that, probably
  obmc-something)
- put a debian netinstall on an usb stick
- start the computer (there is also a script for that, probably
  obmc-util or something like that)
- install debian
- download a (prefferibly signed) Parabola tarball, verify the
  signature and extract it
- chroot into it and use pacstrap to do the installation

I've no idea if the above works as I've no Talos/Blackbird.

But something like that should be enough to be able to at least get
Parabola running to build package and prepare a rootfs that could be
installed directly without using debian or other non-fsdg distros.

Denis.