[Dev] Creating a neutered geoclue for [nonprism]

theova theova at bluewin.ch
Tue Nov 19 10:41:57 GMT 2019

I support the idea as it seems to simplify things by equal privacy.

Returning a fix location has already been discussed on the geoclue bug
tracker, see:
- https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/geoclue/geoclue/issues/51
- https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/geoclue/geoclue/issues/93

and in gnome-control-center
- https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-control-center/issues/323

Altough, I don't think it is not implemented yet.

We should take care that faking geoclues position does not lead to
undesired behaviour, e.g. wrong time, nightlight turning on in the
morning, ...
I'm not sure how geoclues position is used for such services.
Returning NaN may probably help in those cases.