[Dev] Chromebook C201 wifi

Lee Strobel leestrobel at disroot.org
Sun Mar 31 19:43:24 GMT 2019

lsusb for the Senao EUB9801 says its max power is 450mA, so only 50mA
less than the Atheros. However, I suspect those are just numbers
someone's typed in a text file somewhere. They might not actually be
drawing those currents.

It looks like a USB tester can be purchased online for $10. For that
money, I might just buy one and actually measure the current draw.

Btw, from what I saw on Wikipedia, it looks like a standard usb 2.0
port should be able to supply 500mA as standard.

Lee