[Dev] Chromebook C201 eMMC

dfstorm dfstorm at riseup.net
Mon Jan 28 18:11:00 GMT 2019

I did it with a chromebook c200 and I think the manipulation is about
the same for the c201.

To access the mmc memory, you have to install a new bios ^^' The one
from google won't allow it. Here's a good tutorial with more
information: https://www.maketecheasier.com/replace-chromebook-bios/

To summarize:

1- Activate "developer mode"
2- Disable "memory lock" (most of the chromebook partitions are "read
only")
3- Flash the BIOS for something that allow what you want (personally I
use the one from johnlewis [https://johnlewis.ie/] )
4- Profits (Now install anything you want. Now lsblk command will
return all the mmc drives on any good linux distribution).

Good luck !