[Dev] Parabola stance on game assets

bill-auger bill-auger at peers.community
Fri Sep 28 23:30:15 GMT 2018

On Fri, 28 Sep 2018 18:04:49 +0100 pribib wrote:
> If there is no consistency and the devs can do whatever

its not "whatever" - they promise not do anything that contradicts
the "social contract", the FSDG, or the "free culture definition" - your
dis-satisfaction here is due to the highly permissive nature of the
"free culture definition" - if anything should change, i would look to
change the "free culture definition" to entail all 4 freedoms plus
sources, then the parabola promises would not need to change

On Fri, 28 Sep 2018 18:04:49 +0100 pribib wrote:
> Hopefully by
> creating this discussion I have provided users with some insight into
> the logic of the free cultural policy.

and i hope i provided some insight as well by pointing out that the
defacto-standard free culture definition is not at all the analog to the
free software definition that perhaps many people think it is or should
be