[Dev] Parabola stance on game assets

pribib pribib at bluehome.net
Fri Sep 28 02:18:36 GMT 2018

Perhaps the following?

1) OK or NOT OK to include non-free assets. (e.g. Warsow)
2) OK or NOT OK to provide programs whose primary purpose are to obtain
non-free assets. (e.g. OpenRA)

3) OK or NOT OK to provide programs whose primary purpose are to make
use of non-free assets. (Whether this be importing into a game engine or
something else, e.g. OpenMW)

While a program like wget may be able to "import assets" it should not
be compared to programs whose primary reason for existence is to import
non-free assets.