[Dev] [INTERVENTION MAYBE REQUIRED] libretools 20180920 release announcement

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Thu Sep 20 21:07:19 GMT 2018

I just released libretools 20180920 to [libre] and pushed the source
tarball to <https://repo.parabola.nu/other/libretools/>.

This is essentially just a configuration change (plus a few minor
changes to support it).  The default value of libretools.conf:REPODEST
has changed from using the shared repo@ SSH account to using each
contributor's separate account when using SSH to upload and release
packages.  This has been opt-in for a while, and this change switches
it to be opt-out.

    -REPODEST=ssh://repo@repo.parabola.nu:1863/~/staging/$LIBREUSER/staging/ to
    +REPODEST=ssh://$LIBREUSER@repo.parabola.nu:1863/~/staging/

This makes the default configuration unsuitable for packagers whose
local username doesn't match their username in hackers.git.  They will
need to manually adjust their `libretools.conf:REPODEST` to have the
correct username.

For example, my hackers.git username is 'lukeshu', but on my PC my
username (and thus the value of $LIBREUSER) is 'luke'.  Because of
this mismatch, I have to put this in my
`~/.config/libretools/libretools.conf`:

    REPODEST=ssh://lukeshu@repo.parabola.nu:1863/~/staging/

Users whose local username matches their hackers.git username
shouldn't notice any change or have to modify anything.

If anyone has any issues with the change, please report an issue.
While the issue is being addressed, you may work around it by
reverting REPODEST to its old value.

Changes from 20180829 to 20180920:

 - librerelease: Run HOOKPRERELEASE and HOOKPOSTRELEASE in subshells
   of the main program; rather than with `bash -c`, so that they have
   full read-only access to variables.

 - default configuration:

   * HOOKPRERELEASE: Switch from double-quotes to single-quotes in
     order to defer evaluation of the expression on $REPODEST from
     config-parse-time to call-time.

   * REPODEST: Change from

--
Happy hacking,