[Dev] dbscripts 20181003.1 release announcement
lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Thu Oct 4 00:54:15 GMT 2018
I've rolled out version 20181003.1 (there was no 20181003, don't ask)
of Parabola dbscripts.
All told, this is a very small release. It's mostly changes to the
default configuration, not changes to the actual software. This
should do a better job of getting us started with official ppc64le
Changes from 20180925.2 to 20181003.1:
* Create tags that are configured but don't exist. This behavior
used to exist, but was removed in 20160708. It's back now, to
ease in creating repos for ppc64le and risc-v.
* Don't create the config:STAGING directory, require that the
caller of db-update do that.
- db-cleanup: Ignore config:PKGREPOS and config:ARCHES, scan all .db
files found under config:FTP_BASE.
- default config:
- Don't allow Parabola packagers to publish to [core], [extra],
[community], or any of the other imported repos. Only allow
db-import-* programs to publish to those. A future release
will add a mechanism to allow for publishing to those for
architectures that don't have an Arch upstream (ppc64le,
- Don't allow packagers to publish to [~user] repos
other than their own.
- Allow publishing arch=(ppc64le) packages.
* global: No longer require that "config.local.*" files be symlinked in to
/opt/dbscripts/. You can now just plop them in /etc/dbscripts/.
* db-import-pkg: Import more repos: staging-x86_64,
community-testing-i686, staging-i686, gnome-unstable-i686,
kde-unstable-i686, alarm-armv7h, and aur-armv7h. See
On winston.parabola.nu, I've
- run: sudo pacman -Syu --ignore=linux-libre-lts
~ Luke Shumaker
More information about the Dev