[Dev] Parabola ppc64le mkinitcpio

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org
Tue Nov 27 13:24:00 GMT 2018

On Thu, 22 Nov 2018 13:33:35 +0100
Bruno Cichon <ebrasca at librepanther.com> wrote:

> Hi when I try to run "mkinitcpio -p linux-libre" I get:
>
> ==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux-libre.preset:
> 'default' -> -k /boot/vmlinuz-linux-libre -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf
> -g /boot/initramfs-linux-libre.img ==> ERROR: invalid kernel
> specified: `/boot/vmlinuz-linux-libre' ==> Building image from
> preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux-libre.preset: 'fallback' ->
> -k /boot/vmlinuz-linux-libre -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf
> -g /boot/initramfs-linux-libre-fallback.img -S autodetect ==> ERROR:
> invalid kernel specified: `/boot/vmlinuz-linux-libre'
>
> I don't know how to fix it.

I've no idea how to reproduce that bug.

It would be nice to be able to very easily create a chroot with
librechroot. This way it would be way easier for people to help you fix
this issue.

To do that it would be nice to add some ppc64le version of the
default configurations in /usr/share/pacman/defaults/

For instance in one of my x86_64 Parabola installation I can do that:
> $ uname -m
> x86_64
> $ sudo librechroot -n parabola-armv7h enter
> # file /bin/ls
> /bin/ls: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV),
> dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, for
> GNU/Linux 3.2.0,
> BuildID[sha1]=24e2e2349abad9e8079365b48d86cc7c3e396559, stripped
> # /bin/ls bin  boot  dev	etc  home  lib
> mnt  opt  proc	repo  root  run  sbin  srv  sys  tmp  usr  var
So here I run ARM code and I can chroot in an ARM rootfs without any
issues or difficulties.

I've installed to qemu-user-static-binfmt and qemu-user-static and I've
enabled systemd-binfmt.service to make that possible.

Once this is installed, creating the chroot is super easy
> sudo librechroot -A armv7h -n parabola-armv7h make

I'll try to summarize the ppc64le issue in a subsequent mail.

Denis.