[Dev] duplicate 'unarchiver' packages

bill-auger bill-auger at peers.community
Mon May 14 13:32:03 GMT 2018

On Mon, 2018-05-14 at 07:55 -0300, Freemor wrote:
> I'd like to propose an "unar is replaced by unarchiver"

yes these are both obvious solutions - i really posted this to see if anyone
could explain the confused situation it is currently in

* why the 'unar' package is not already named 'unarchiver'
* why the 'unar' package replaces('unrar') but that is an entirely different
software
* why the 'unar' package is in [libre] and not [pcr] although it is not modified
from the upstream

if no one knows how it got that way, can we at least agree that all 3 of those
points are incorrect procedure