[Dev] Funny file permissions on repo

Megver83 megver83 at hyperbola.info
Sat May 12 17:08:01 GMT 2018

El 12/05/18 a las 12:06, bill-auger escribió:
> On 05/11/2018 11:37 PM, Luke Shumaker wrote:
>>  - What's up with ISOs?  What's up with them being owned by root?
>
> i can answer to the pkglist.*.txt files - none of the files you
> mentioned are ISOs - they are all the package list text files - i copied
> those directly from the inside of the ISOs with the `mc` program -
> nearly all files inside the ISOs are owned by root; so i guess mc
> preserves the perms
>
> megver made the openrc torrents - maybe he remembers making them - i
> seem to remember there is an automated script somewhere for that - i
> think he used that to create them - all of the current ISO are due to be
> replaced soon - i will try to mind the permissions on everything with
> the next batch
>
> i just transfered the package lists to the repo user and set the torrent
> files to 644 - i dont know what the kodi files are - i left them be

Didn't know there was an script for creating torrents, in fact those do
not work. Where is such script? I'd like to know.

Btw, I might upgrade the OpenRC ISOs this month or next, because I want
to first add enough [nonsystemd] packages to announce this new repo on
the news plus its inclusion in the new OpenRC ISOs.

--
~Megver83

SIP: megver83 at sip.linphone.org
XMPP: megver83 at jabjab.de