[Dev] dbscripts 20180505 / winston.parabola.nu upgrade

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Sat May 5 15:35:53 GMT 2018

I've rolled out version 20180505 of Parabola dbscripts.

Changes from 20180502.2 to 20180505:
 - default config:
   * Set TMPDIR=/srv/repo/tmp
 - db-import-*.conf:
   * Include the path to repo directories in the mirror URL, like

         ARCHMIRROR='rsync://archlinux.mirror.pkern.at/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch'

 - db-import-pkg:
   * Use `join` instead of `repo-remove` to apply the blacklist.  This
     should speed things up, and start us on a path where we can use
     db-{move,update,remove} to modify the repos.
   * Try a bit harder to get .db file permissions right.
   * Do more work in a fresh scratch directory instead of in the repos directly, or in a dirty scratch directory.

On winston.parabola.nu, I have
 - run: sudo pacman -Syu --ignore={linux-libre-lts,python-pyspf}

These changes both toward both step #3 and #6 in my plan for improving
dbscripts.

  [X] 1. Split archlinux -> {packages,community}
  [X] 2. Add config.local.* files
  [-] 3. Set up the `repo` group        [eta: 2018-05-07]
  [ ] 4. Set DBSCRIPTS_CONFIG           [eta: 2018-05-07]
  [X] 5. Use systemd timers
  [-] 6. Use db-{move,update,remove}    [eta: ???]
  [ ] 7. Migrate humans off of repo@    [eta: no sooner than 2018-05-11]
  [ ] 8. Migrate robots off of repo@    [eta: no sooner than 2018-05-18]

My last estimate said that step #3 and #4 would be done today.
Hopefully tomorrow the new db-import-pkg will have resolved many of
the anomalies, and we can get the rest resolved manually, and go
forward with step #3 on Monday.

Step #6 is blocked because it needs db-move, which is currently broken
<https://labs.parabola.nu/issues/471>.  So I'm not sure what the
timeline is on that now.  Maybe give up on step #6 for this sprint.

Steps #7 and #8 depend on #3 and #4, but we can get away with doing
them without #6.  So I'm not adjusting my estimates on them.