[Dev] Rework of the ARM installation guide

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Tue May 1 00:36:58 GMT 2018

On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 23:38:59 +0100
Josh Branning <lovell.joshyyy at gmail.com> wrote:

> > This can be done because we now have
> > tarball installer releases.
>
> That is awesome! Was pushing for this! A*
Yes, this is great as it makes it way easier to install, and it's also
signed, so it fixes a security issue along the way.

> Is it just the rootfs or u-boot too?
Just a generic rootfs, which makes things easier.

> ... If u-boot also, is it just all the u-boot packages installed? I
> don't quite comprehend.
u-boot is device specific, but you can easily (and transparently) chroot
in the unpacked rootfs with arch-chroot from an x86 parabola
installation thanks to binfmt-qemu-static, so it's easy to
install the bootloader with pacman -S

Denis.