[Dev] linux-libre-4.15.9_gnu-1 update missing critical kernel modules

jc_gargma jc_gargma at iserlohn-fortress.net
Thu Mar 15 04:35:45 GMT 2018

The linux-libre-4.15.9_gnu-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz kernel update that just went
live is missing numerous critical kernel modules. Had I not noticed the
mkinitcpio errors during update I would have found my system unbootable.

An quick exam shows all file-systems other than EXT4 have been disabled in the
kernel configuration. So has dm-crypt and all libre wifi drivers.
# CONFIG_REISERFS_FS is not set
# CONFIG_JFS_FS is not set
# CONFIG_XFS_FS is not set
# CONFIG_GFS2_FS is not set
# CONFIG_OCFS2_FS is not set
# CONFIG_BTRFS_FS is not set
# CONFIG_NILFS2_FS is not set
# CONFIG_F2FS_FS is not set
# CONFIG_FS_DAX is not set

# CONFIG_DM_CRYPT is not set

# CONFIG_ATH9K is not set
# CONFIG_ATH9K_HTC is not set
# CONFIG_B43 is not set
# CONFIG_CARL9170 is not set

These are missing across x86_64, i686, and armv7h architectures.

If this kernel update is not replaced or reverted with haste a sizable portion
of the Parabola userbase will likely find their systems unbootable or without
wireless support within a very short timeframe.

-jc