[Dev] Intellij IDEA includes User Agreement that revokes freedoms?

Stefano M. nospam at curso.re
Mon Jun 11 07:19:07 GMT 2018

Megver83 <megver83 at hyperbola.info> writes:
> P.S: After looking at the PKGBUILD, it seems to me that it builds from
> binaries.

AFAIK building IntelliJ IDEA from source is a quite complicated task
because it requires... IntelliJ IDEA[1]!

I know of a number of projects who want to ship IntelliJ but are stuck
with distributing binaries because of this issue.

However[2]:

> All source code of IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition and the IntelliJ
> Platform is covered by the Apache 2.0 license.

[1] http://www.jetbrains.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=983225
[2] http://www.jetbrains.org/display/IJOS/License+Information
[1,2] http://www.jetbrains.org/display/IJOS/FAQ

Regards,