[Dev] dbscripts 20180715 release announcement, and more!

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Sun Jul 15 22:41:47 GMT 2018

I've rolled out version 20180715 of Parabola dbscripts.

TL;DR: `db-move` and `db-remove` now work correctly!  You can use them
       by ssh'ing to repo at repo.parabola.nu.

This is essentially a bugfix release.

Changes from 20180622 to 20180715:

 - The VCS backend is now configurable using config:VCS.  This
   replaces using XBS to abstract away the VCS backend.
   * Currently, it has VCS=svn and VCS=none
   * By default VCS=none, which is consistent with the existing
     behavior (because XBS was always kind-of broken).
   * Eventually there will be a VCS=git or VCS=abslibre or VCS=srcpkg
     or something.
 - Unlike XBS, which was always kind-of broken, the VCS=none works
   correctly enough that `db-move` and `db-remove` work 100%
   correctly!
 - A dependency on expac was added.
 - Various test suite improvements.

Known issues:

 - Documentation (`README.md`, `HACKING.org`) needs updated to reflect
   the above changes.
 - `sourceballs` won't work with VCS=none for obvious reasons (but
   that's OK, because we don't use `sourceballs` in Parabola)
 - `db-update` will erroneously agree to release binary packages that
   disagree with the PKGBUILD on file, because it doesn't know which
   PKGBUILD is on file, because VCS=none.

Other notes:

 - Expect XBS to be removed in the next release of libretools.
 - On winston.parabola.nu, I have run:
       sudo pacman -Sy --needed dbscripts