[Dev] dbscripts 20180715 release announcement, and more!
lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Sun Jul 15 22:41:47 GMT 2018
I've rolled out version 20180715 of Parabola dbscripts.
TL;DR: `db-move` and `db-remove` now work correctly! You can use them
by ssh'ing to repo at repo.parabola.nu.
This is essentially a bugfix release.
Changes from 20180622 to 20180715:
- The VCS backend is now configurable using config:VCS. This
replaces using XBS to abstract away the VCS backend.
* Currently, it has VCS=svn and VCS=none
* By default VCS=none, which is consistent with the existing
behavior (because XBS was always kind-of broken).
* Eventually there will be a VCS=git or VCS=abslibre or VCS=srcpkg
- Unlike XBS, which was always kind-of broken, the VCS=none works
correctly enough that `db-move` and `db-remove` work 100%
- A dependency on expac was added.
- Various test suite improvements.
- Documentation (`README.md`, `HACKING.org`) needs updated to reflect
the above changes.
- `sourceballs` won't work with VCS=none for obvious reasons (but
that's OK, because we don't use `sourceballs` in Parabola)
- `db-update` will erroneously agree to release binary packages that
disagree with the PKGBUILD on file, because it doesn't know which
PKGBUILD is on file, because VCS=none.
- Expect XBS to be removed in the next release of libretools.
- On winston.parabola.nu, I have run:
sudo pacman -Sy --needed dbscripts
~ Luke Shumaker
More information about the Dev