[Dev] submitting my SSH key

bill-auger bill-auger at peers.community
Fri Jul 13 15:17:45 GMT 2018

On 07/12/2018 07:48 PM, Brett Gilio wrote:
> I wonder if pacman will ever get around to implementing something of the
> sort, of if the Arch Linux people have some aversion to this.

any proper distro would have an aversion to that - it seems that you are
seeing a distro package manager as a tool to install prepared programs
without needing to compile them by hand - that is missing the key aspect
of package management - a distro package manager is first and foremost a
way to ensure that all of the software you use has been approved and
prepared by a single trusted source (your distro) who actively ensures
that your software works well with the other programs they provide and
does not abuse your system - it is always possible to install software
from other sources using other tools but that is not endorsed by any
distro that i know of; and the reason why should be obvious - they have
no way of knowing what you install or where you got it from - it would
be irresponsible to endorse things you have never seen