[Dev] submitting my SSH key

Freemor freemor at freemor.ca
Thu Jul 12 20:06:17 GMT 2018

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 02:46:27PM -0400, bill-auger wrote:
> Freemor -
>
> can you write a bit about what your current talents or interests are and
> how they could fit into parabola
>
> the keys are mainly important for access to the servers, for example - i
> have seen you are very good a tech support and bug trouble-shooting -
> what are you most interested in doing?
>
> build and publish packages?

I'm still learning my way around libretools. But I've been makepkg'ing stuff
from myself for some while so it  shouldn't take too long. I'd really enjoy
being able to take up some of the load for thing like out-of-date packages or
those packages that just need a quick rebuild because some lib updates and it
now needs to be rebuilt against the new ver on the lib. etc.

As my skill and confidence improves I'd start branching into packing requests
etc.

> administrate the servers?

I've run my own home server for years so sure

> maintain the websites?

that might be a bit of a learning curve. I do run my own site. but just
lighttpd and flat html. So, I'd need time to get used to whatever lamp/Xamp set
up is there.

> triage bugs?

Yes, as you know I enjoy doing so

> all of the above?

So yes, but with the caveat that I'll take things on when I'm sure I've got the
skills not to accidentally make a major mess. Honestly I've been using Linux
since the late 90's and computers since the late 70's so the hesitance isn't
from a lack of skill but rather the fact that I've not been this deep at
contributing to a large project like Parabola and so best to tread lightly till
I get the lay of the land.