[Dev] Issue 1838, OpenRC Install Media

Freemor freemor at freemor.ca
Wed Jul 11 19:30:20 GMT 2018

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 12:51:27PM -0600, Carl R. Powers wrote:
> I would like to use the falkon browser but it depends on the qt5-webengine
> package which is not available.  Any chance of adding this the the repos?

qt5-webengine has some freedom issues that are currently (I believe) being
examined by the FSF. webengine is basically the guts of chrome. and as such
have issues with google telemetry, among other things.

It may get fixed at some point in the future but I would not expect to see
anything requiring webengine in a libre distro any time soon.

Sorry for the bad news.

Freemor