[Dev] ARM rootfs

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Fri Jan 5 18:14:07 GMT 2018

On Fri, 5 Jan 2018 16:47:47 +0100
Andreas Grapentin <andreas at grapentin.org> wrote:

> I think the current recommended method is to install archlinuxarm and
> follow the migration guide:
>
> https://wiki.parabola.nu/Migration_from_Arch_ARM
>
> (which is also slightly outdated)
>
> I am currently in the process up updating everything in libre at least
> to the levels of x86_64 and i686, and following that, I will look into
> updating the migration and installation guides, and building a release
> tarball.

There is a way to do it which requires a parabola installation (for
instance for x86), which works for devices that have their bootloader
on microSD:
- Find the URL of the bootloader package for your device and download
  it.
- install archlinuxarm-keyring
- use pacman-key to verify the bootloader package
- extract the bootloader package and run the commands to copy it to the
  microSD using the command provided by the package install script.
- uncompress the tarball, the booloader should figure by itself how to
  boot Parabola.

Ideally the bootloaders could be shipped in a generic image tarball and
the install scripts made more easily accessible to have easier install
instruction.

Paul also might have been working on scripts to automate that.

Denis.