[Dev] Looking for beta-testers: librerelease change

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Thu Aug 23 03:24:10 GMT 2018

Hi all,

As part of making dbscripts and the repositories more robust, I'm
planning[1] on changing libretools to run `db-update` on the server as
`$your_username at repo.parabola.nu`, rather than `repo at repo.parabola.nu`.

You can help by testing this functionality now.  Edit your
/etc/libretools.conf (or ~/.config/libretools/libretools.conf) and
change the value of REPODEST from

    REPODEST=ssh://repo@repo.parabola.nu:1863/~/staging/$LIBREUSER/staging/

    REPODEST=ssh://$LIBREUSER@repo.parabola.nu:1863/~/staging/

If your local username is different than your "Parabola" username in
hackers.git, you'll need to adjust the value to use your hackers.git
name instead of "$LIBREUSER".

If you make that change, everything *should* continue to work as
normal.  But that's why we're testing it, to make sure!

If we get several packagers to switch over, and we don't discover any
issues, then we'll change the value in the default version of
libretools.conf.  If all goes well, I'm planning on changing the
default in 1 week, on 2018-08-29.