[Dev] A question WRT Mozilla builds and ICU

Freemor freemor at freemor.ca
Sat Aug 18 00:05:48 GMT 2018

Greeting,

   This may be a foolish thought I'm not sure be cause so far my searching has
 not turned up any detailed info. But...

   With all the recent ICU related rebuild I was noticing that most of the
 Mozilla compiles include:

    ac_add_options --with-system-icu

  If we disabled that would we end up with less fragile builds of these things
or would it just make a heinous mess. If the former is is something we wont to
consider doing.

  I'll keep searching for info on the option but perhaps people more skilled
then I already know the answer.

Regards,
Freemor

--