[Dev] Request to use Parabola funds (for heat sinks)

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Thu Aug 16 18:21:08 GMT 2018

Hi all,

As you may know, we still have some funds left over from when we were
accepting donations.  I'm requesting that we use some of those funds
to buy me some new heat sinks.

The build server is overheating because I cheaped out on heat sinks
and got a pair of Supermicro SNK-P0043P's.  I believe that they should
be replaced with active heat sinks.  (In the mean time, I've moved one
of the fans and zip-tied it to the side of the heat sink on the CPU
that beefcake is pinned to.)

I'm thinking a Dynatron A13 and a Dynatron A14, although if anyone has
suggestions on better sinks, let me know.  The height constraints are
138mm on one socket and 78.1mm on the other.  I like the side-mounted
fans because I'm trying to direct the air flow from the front of the
case to the back.