[Dev] libretools 20180815 release announcement

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Wed Aug 15 23:39:53 GMT 2018

I just released libretools 20180815 to [libre] and pushed the source
tarball to <https://repo.parabola.nu/other/libretools/>.

This is a minor release.

Changes from 20180806 to 20180815:

 - Give more informative diagnostic output when there's an error
   updating blacklist.txt
 - librechroot: Disallow a later flag from overriding an earlier flag
   (such as specifying -C multiple times, or setting both -A and -C).
   This is (almost?) never what the user intended, and making the
   behavior in this case be "error" instead of "do the wrong thing"
   should reduce some user error and confusion.
 - librechroot (and thus libremakepkg): No longer force stdin to be a
   TTY.
 - librechroot: Pass `--noconfirm` to pacman when running `librechroot
   install-name`.  This makes it useful from scripts, and makes it
   consistent with `librechroot install-file`.

Once upon a time, I wouldn't publish a libretools release unless there
were fewer than 25 open bugs against it (all bugs must fit on one page
with the default pagination); if there were more than that I would
have to fix some before I could publish a new version.  Over time, the
list of open issues grew, and I had to relax that rule.

In preparing this release, I closed out several bugs that have been
fixed in this release, or other recent releases, or have otherwise
been fixed without the bug being closed out.  I'm happy to say that
"25 bugs" is a rule again!  It's currently down to exactly 25 open
issues (and a number of them are "discussion"s or features!).