[Dev] libretools 20180806 release announcement

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Mon Aug 6 22:00:21 GMT 2018

I just released libretools 20180806 to [libre] and pushed the source
tarball to <https://repo.parabola.nu/other/libretools/>.

This is a bugfix release from 20180804.

Changes from 20180804 to 20180806:

 - chcleanup:
   * Handle virtual packages in a sane way; considering packages that
     are already part of base-devel or CHROOTEXTRAPKG (*grumbles about
     alpm not even trying to be a real SAT solver*).
   * Don't consider runtime dependencies of split packages; just look
     at pkgbase.
 - librechroot/libremakepkg:
   * Improve help output; clarify the format of the arguments to the
     `-w` and `-r` flags.
 - librexgettext:
   * Include the 'plain' keyword by default.  Its omission was an
     error.

The bugs in chcleanup (coupled with 20180804's increased reliance on
chcleanup) meant that libretools 20180804 was not able to build
itself; I am sure that many other packages were also rendered
unbuildable.  I was lazy when doing the release; I usually a build it
twice; once with the previous version, then again with the new
version; I only built 20180804 once.  I apologize.