[Dev] redmine update

bill-auger bill-auger at peers.community
Sun Apr 29 09:57:49 GMT 2018

On Sat, 2018-04-28 at 12:04 -0300, fauno wrote:
> this is a political decision we made back in the beginning of
> parabola
> parabola is a democratic project, so there's no special privileges
> for
> hackers other than being able to push work into server, but decisions
> should be made with the community

ok that sounds reasonable - i still suggest that the membership in each
group be made exclusive - there is no reason for anyone to be in both
groups; and as the membership is nearly the same set currently, there
is no reason to have two groups - even if the permissions on redmine
are identical, the one useful effect could be that issues can only be
assigned to "hackers" - as it is now, the dropdown select options for
assigning an issue is so long it needs it's own scrollbar; when it is
probably only a handful that will ever have issues assigned to them

On Sat, 2018-04-28 at 12:04 -0300, fauno wrote:
> maybe put a logrotate conf to it?  i don't think it's needed anyway

the rails log is really not needed at all in production unless rails is
the main server - nginx logs all requests anyways - there is some
useful diagnostics in them but it is nothing that would need to be
archived - beyond that, it is just extreme verbosity - it actually
contains every word ever posted to any issue - all with complete
metadata for every request and response going back four years

yes every typo, redaction, deleted issue - if any of this history is
interesting to anyone please do say so now - weighing in at 2 GB per
year, this is a great candidate for logrotate