[Dev] [RCF][Discussion] '[kernels]' repository

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Mon Oct 16 23:29:08 GMT 2017

On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 14:24:55 -0400,
Megver83 wrote:
> Hi,
> I maintain kernels in [kernels] for all its architectures, and ebrasca
> also maintains some too (for x86 and x64 only).
>
> I was wondering how much ppl uses them (can we know the downloads?),

Not really, because of mirrors.  However, assuming that most users are
using redirector and/or repomirror, we can probably get a decent
estimate.

Here's a breakdown of GET requests for the .pkg.tar.xz files that hit
repomirror in the last month (2017-09-17 through 2017-09-16):

      1 linux-libre-audit
      1 linux-libre-knock
      1 linux-libre-lts-apparmor
      1 linux-libre-pck
      1 linux-libre-xen
      2 linux-libre-lts-knock
      3 linux-libre-pae
      5 linux-libre-apparmor
      7 linux-libre-nand
     30 linux-libre-hardened
    253 linux-libre-lts
   1911 linux-libre

These are likely slightly lower than the actual numbers.