[Dev] feedback for Parabola beta ISOs

Ben Gailly ben at techtux.be
Sat Oct 14 05:19:10 GMT 2017

bill-auger,

I've changed the "OpenRC" and the "Systemd" wallpapers to a more visual
logo (added, as in the original wallpaper, a lighted white transparent
rectangle behind the logo)
I've also added another smartphone wallpaper (for the "bluecrystals
package).
And I've simply removed the "Arch Based" "insult" I did (after reading
the article you gave me about the "Naming convention" problem).

Now I've retrieve some informations for the Slideshow of Calamares.

I've noticed 3 differents pictures categories:

_1 for the "Welcome" / "Language" message
src/branding/manjaro-xfce/languages.png

_On some version, there is a "Welcome" picture and message and a
"Language" picture and message.
I don't know which one you've chosen.

_5 for the "Installation" process
For e.g. src/branding/manjaro-xfce/slide1.png to slide5.png

I also check the "show.qml" file which presents every slide with a link
to the picture and a text for the introduction.

https://github.com/calamares/calamares-manjaro/blob/master/src/branding/manjaro/show.qml

Now, I can change every pictures with new ones, keeping the same names
to fit the "calamares" style.
I could also check the texts and adapt for Parabola Gnu/Linux-Libre.
But if you already have ideas, I'm up to here :-)

The only things I ask is the "style" you would like for these pictures.
Flat Design, modern, old, ugly, darker, etc
It will help me to fit your expectations..

And I'm also learing how to do a simple "damn not so easy to learn"
package with all of these artworks..
Which is another totally new thing. (I've picked up some examples,
templates, for "package making"..)