[Dev] Parabola GNU/Linux-libre OpenRC Edition ISOs are ready

Megver83 megver83 at hyperbola.info
Sun Oct 1 20:10:03 GMT 2017

Hi all, some days ago I updated parabolaiso-git package and said that
I'd release Parabola's ISOs with OpenRC. Well, they are finally here:

https://repomirror.parabola.nu/iso-openrc/

Regarding the issue with MATE of not showing icons in the desktop[0], as
a quick fix just do Control+F2 and write `caja --force-desktop` (add
this in the wiki please, I have no access any longer for editions, I
even tried to register with another email address but nothing)

These ISOs were released yesterday, and have linux-libre 4.13.3
installed. For now there's only MATE and the Main ISO, as
TalkingParabola was giving me some issues (the espeakup service suddenly
stops, yo restart it and then minutes later it crashes), but I'll see
that later.

I'll work now on getting LXDE ISO with OpenRC, and upgrade the (Systemd)
MATE ISO, which is from last year.

Anyone with access to edit https://wiki.parabola.nu/Get_Parabola please
add this ISOs, I'm also attaching images of Syslinux boot splash image
and its MATE desktop screenshot.

Hope you like it :)

[0] https://labs.parabola.nu/issues/1350
--