[Dev] [RFC] [libretools] To --armor or --no-armor package signatures?

Luke Shumaker lukeshu at lukeshu.com
Thu May 25 20:17:51 GMT 2017

Hi,

I was cleaning up some code in libretools, and I noticed that
librerelease passes --armor to GPG when creating package signatures.
This is at odds with `makepkg --sign` passing --no-armor to GPG.

Without actually checking, I'm pretty sure that we decided to stick
--armor in librerelease back when makpkg didn't specify, and just left
it up to the user's `~/.gnupg/gpg.conf`.

librefetch also generates --no-armor'ed signatures (as it is based on
more recent makepkg).

If no one has a reason to prefer that librerelease keep generating
ASCII-armored signatures, the next release of libretools will have it
mimic what makepkg does.