[Dev] [RFC] Splitting abslibre.git into branches & web interface for source code broken

Josh Branning lovell.joshyyy at gmail.com
Tue May 23 04:36:42 GMT 2017

On 23/05/17 02:19, Luke Shumaker wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> With upstream Arch phasing out the 'abs' tool, the file-layout of
> which abslibre.git mimics, I was thinking about changing how we do
> abslibre.git.
>
> Without making any concrete decisions yet: What do you guys think
> about splitting abslibre.it so that each package is on its own branch,
> instead of having all of them side-by-side on the same branch?  There
> would be no 'master' branch.

As far as I know, they are still recommending people use svntogit for
large checkouts. I would think it to be wise to reflect the layout of
this and/or the SVN repository that they intend to switch to, but that's
just me.

[1] https://www.archlinux.org/news/deprecation-of-abs/

Also I hit a problem this morning.

I'm not sure if this is just a problem with the web interface and/or
related but ...

1) Visit any package on https://www.parabola.nu/packages/
For instance: https://www.parabola.nu/packages/core/i686/coreutils/

2) Click "Source Files"

3) You will notice it redirects you to abslibre.git
For instance: https://projects.parabola.nu/abslibre.git/tree/core/coreutils

Result: No source files or PKGBUILDs are available or viewable via the
web interface any-more,

Josh