[Dev] Drop linux-libre-grsec in favor of linux-libre-hardened

Megver83 megver83 at openmailbox.org
Thu May 18 14:28:00 GMT 2017

The main difference is that grsecurity it is no longer free to the
public -->
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=GrSecurity-No-Longer-Free
You can read --> https://grsecurity.net/passing_the_baton_faq.php
"4.9 was specifically chosen as the last public release"
And that's the version of linux-libre-grsec which was wrongly marked
out-of-date, because we do not support this kind of software.

In the other hand, linux-hardened afaik it uses patches form the Gentoo
Hardened project and others from here -->
https://github.com/thestinger/linux-hardened which are free software.

Andreas Grapentin: