[Dev] Drop linux-libre-grsec in favor of linux-libre-hardened

Megver83 megver83 at openmailbox.org
Thu May 18 13:26:00 GMT 2017

Hi, as most of us may know, Arch Linux removed linux-grsec from their
repositories. Now they have a linux-hardened kernel in their [community]
repository, so I was thinking on why not having a linux-libre-hardened
kernel that replaces the grsec one.

We can have both kernels too, but as Parabola Social Contract[0]
specifies that "We will respect the design philosophies of the systems
ours are based on", which also has to do with packages, ideally we
should be as Arch-like as possible.

The other option is to move linux-libre-grsec to [kernels] or [pcr], as
those repositories have packages not found in Arch's official ones.

[0] https://wiki.parabola.nu/Parabola_Social_Contract