[Dev] EOMA68 cards for the arm port - Was: the future of arm support

Megver83 megver83 at openmailbox.org
Thu May 11 20:20:09 GMT 2017

El 11/05/17 a las 17:10, Joseph Graham escribió:
> On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 11:33:36AM -0300, fauno wrote:
>> when i was working on mips64el most of the work was building packages
>> and making scripts to save myself the time i was spending on it :P
>>

> Correct me if I'm wrong but most of the packages in ARM port come
> straight from Arch ARM?

Yes, like in x86 too. The [libre] and [pcr] (also its multilib and
testing versions) is maintained by us and they are also for ARM

> Maybe we just need 1 to see if Parabola works OK on it.

The more the better :P

> I just bought a Bananapi to help build for the ARM port. I can't
> guaruntee how productive I'll be though.

It will surely be useful, as it's better to compile packages for its
architecture in a machine that runs that architecture. In other words,
it's better to build ARM packages in real ARM machines.

> --
> Joseph Graham, techno-philosopher and Free Software advocate.
>
> I have a blog: http://www.naughtycomputer.uk/
> I write software: https://www.suckmore.uk/
> I run a web forum: https://www.freesoftwareuk.org.uk/
> And a platform for Free Software success stories: http://www.freedcomputer.net/