[Dev] Icedove-52.1 going up to [libre-testing] soon - Was: Orphan Libre package [iceweasel-l10n-es-ar] marked out-of-date

Isaac David isacdaavid at isacdaavid.info
Wed May 10 15:55:44 GMT 2017

Le mer. 10 mai 2017 à 7:09, Andreas Grapentin a écrit :

>>  Following the discussion below, I built the latest thunderbird
>> release
>>  (52.1.0) and rebranded it to icedove, and ported many freedom issue
>>  patches from iceweasel over.
>>
>>  The build is running now for i686 and x86_64 and I will push the
>>  packages later, first to [libre-testing] - would anybody be
>> inclined to
>>  test them? I'm not an icedove user myself, and might miss some
>> subtle
>>  flaws, hence I don't want to push to [libre] immediately.
> the build is done and looks good at first glance. any volunteers for
> some initial tests?

I'm CC'ing the user who flagged it.

> any opinions on the epoch bump? I am particularily unsure about this.

I see no need for it, given that the new pkgver-pkgrel isn't a
downgrade.
but then again, I don't get why epoch was introduced in ice{weasel,dove}
in the first place (I wasn't around back then), so I could be missing
something.

--
Isaac David
GPG: 38D33EF29A7691134357648733466E12EC7BA943